Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sorting Saturday: What not to keep

I am trying - really, really trying - to sort through the boxes of stuff that have been parked in my basement and back bedroom for the last decade (at least). This is not a project that plays to my strengths. Rather it  involves every known weakness I (and apparently half my genetic fore-bearers) possess.  Lack of organizational skills, lack of self-discipline, total disinterest in actually finishing anything - except dessert.

And these piles and boxes are the stuff of science fiction. They reproduce - almost as if they're filled with rabbits. I used to wonder how, but I have stumbled upon a clue. Apparently they read. Those clever boxes have absorbed the knowledge from these 1936 & 1947 health brochures tucked in one of the boxes and are putting that know how into practice.

Of course, the real mystery is why my grandmother kept them and why I am having the worst time throwing them away.