Thursday, March 31, 2011

Awards and Awardees - Sharing the love

I've been honored recently to receive awards from some of my favorite fellow bloggers and tardy in acknowledging and thanking them. Nick Gombash, who writes both Nick Gombash's Genealogy Blog AND the new Official Blog of the Hungary Exchange AND runs the outstanding Hungary Exchange website gave me the Ancestor Approved award.

Many thanks to Nick. If you're doing research in Hungary or it's former Empire check out his work. I was fortunate to receive this award last December and wrote about it here.


The One Lovely Blog Award has been making the rounds of genealogy blogs.  I have been flattered to have been given the award by several of my fellow bloggers in the last couple weeks, each of whom has a distinct voice and writes a blog I thoroughly enjoy following.

A thank you to each of them. Receiving this from such strong bloggers truly pleases me. I urge you to check out their blogs.



The award was started a little over two years ago at Works of Art by Sara and included the following rules.

  • Add the logo to your blog.
  • Link to the person from whom you received this award
  • Nominate 7 or more blogs
  • Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are "One Lovely Blog"! 
Here in genea-world the rules have been adapted to acknowledge new (or new to me) bloggers. I've spent the last few days reading some of the newer blogs listed at Geneabloggers. There are dozens and dozens of interesting ones but a few really stood out because of a particular post. I am passing the "One Lovely Blog" award on to the following blogs (listed in no particular order) and the posts that caught my eye -

Check them out!