Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Great-Greats: Henry Lyman Whitaker

Henry L. Whitaker, 1838 - 1902

The most exciting part of seeing Grandma Bonnel's photo album last month was seeing photographs of four of my husband's great-great grandparents for the first time. The album included images of her parents and Whitaker in-laws. We now have faces for seven of his sixteen great-great grandparents.

This photograph is of a very young Henry Lyman Whitaker, Grandma Bonnel's father-in-law. On the back, in addition to a handwritten caption identifying him, is a fading stamp reading "A. R. TREAT, Photographer, ATCHISON, KANSAS, ____ Street". I cannot make out the street name.

I am quite taken with Grandpa Henry's curls and expressive eyes, traits I see in his descendents today.

1 comment:

  1. A charmer. About 16-18 or so do you think? And all dressed up as well. Thanks for sharing your fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete

Comments related to the information shared here are most appreciated. All comments are moderated, and since I am not actively researching right now it many take a day or two for your comment to post. Please know that it will post, and that I much appreciate the feedback.