I began 2011 with my first hard drive failure in many years - and the first since I started digitizing the piles of photographs and papers that are threatening to force us out of the house. It was unpleasant and ate up almost two weeks, but all has been restored. Given an actual excuse I'll take it.
I still managed to accomplish a few things. Here's how things stand.
Organizing Research goals -
- I am almost finished clearing the room that will become my workroom for processing the family papers. The papers themselves have been collected and are waiting to move in. Obviously no boxes got processed. I get a C on this.
- The website is closer to going live. I've completed the design, the Home Page, the geographical overviews, family page introductions and some individual pages. Given the limits on computer time this month I'm giving myself a solid A.
- No updating on the pedigree file. An F here, but I can live with it given the circumstances.
Blog goals -
- I missed the biographical sketch. An F, but again, I'll forgive myself this.
- I published a Hampton brickwall post. An A.
- Posted at least a couple photos or transcriptions each week. Another A.
- Blog reading. It's hard to stop at 30 minutes of reading when there are so many wonderful things to read. I managed to keep to the schedule most days, but there were a couple that simply got away from me. Of course, if you average in the days I was pretty much offline I did beautifully! I earned a B here.
Research goals -
- I aced this. Of course, my goal was to stop doing research. Done. I get an A.
Not too bad. We'll see how I do in February without a built in excuse!