Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Kowalczyk Family Photos from Poland

One of the (mixed) blessings of being the family historian is ending up with thousands of photographs, some originally belonging to people I neither knew nor was related to. My father's sister had most of her family photos and records. She also had some photos that originally belonged to her mother-in-law. 

Marianna (Mary) Kowalczyk was born in Gaczyska, Poland about 1892, a daughter of Franciszek Kowalczyk and Rozalia Mydlo. She married John Wiktorek after emigrating to the United States and had four sons - including her son Tony who was wise enough to marry my aunt Rose. She died in Johnson City, New York in 1985. These are photographs of her Kowalczyk family in Poland. A few are labeled. In Polish. Not a language I can decipher especially well. 

I share them hoping her family may find them here. I will be glad to provide what information is on the back of the photos upon request. With luck I can forward these on to someone for whom these will have more meaning. Though I do adore seeing them.